All of these complications are real risks when using dermal fillers. On this course we teach how to reduce the likelihood of complications by sticking to safe filler planes, how to recognise emerging complications and also how to manage them with confidence.
All delegates will also recieve a complimentary 12-month membership to our VR App – including live injections, techniques and cadaver dissection.
Who is this course ideal for?
All registered health care professionals who are performing dermal filler injections.
£1100 + VAT
Fee includes: 12 month access to the OFAA app, Lunch, refreshments, hyaluronidase, fillers and certificate of attendance.
Upcoming course date(s)
Guy’s Campus, King’s College London
Start time: 9 am
Finish time: 5 pm
- 9.00- 9.30am: Registration & Tea/Coffee
- 9:30am – 10.30 am: Prevention & management of common complications related to hyaluronic acid dermal fillers (tyndall, overfill, granulomas, biofilm, etc)
- 10:30am – 1.00pm: Cadaver Wet Lab: Anatomy of safe & unsafe zones for injectable techniques, using needles and cannulas
- 1:00 – 1.30pm: Lunch break – Trainers available for discussion
- 1:30pm – 2.30pm: Lecture Management of inflammatory & vascular complications with dermal fillers with Hyaluronidase.
- 2:30 – 4.30pm: Cadaver Wet Lab: Practice use of Hyaluronidase for overfill, lumps, tyndall, vascular compromise & learn Supraorbital & Retrobulbar injection of hyaluronidase to manage complications.
- Learn anatomically safe filler planes based on vascular, bony and ligamentous anatomy
- Practise dissolving HA fillers in the management of complications
- Practise current recommended emergency treatment of blindness
- Gain extensive insight into the essential anatomy of the different facial areas for safe practice in aesthetic medicine.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of various anatomical layers and structures within fresh frozen cadaver facial tissue and how facial injections influence volume loss and ageing.
- Gain insight into reading the surface anatomy and real-time application of facial injectables with an emphasis on patient safety and avoidance of structures in critical danger zones of the upper, mid and lower face.
- Practise (under expert supervision) employing (advanced) injectable techniques in human cadavers, with an interactive discussion on the choice and combination of dermal fillers for each region.
- Practise dissolving HA fillers with an interactive discussion on the dilution of hyaluronidase for overfill vs vascular compromise.
- Practise supraorbital & retrobulbar hyaluronidase injections to manage blindness from vascular compromise.
The Complex Facial Anatomy
Practitioners need a deep understanding of how to safely inject and avoid critical anatomy in order to practise safely and with confidence.
Dermal Filler Training Courses
Taught by Leading International Surgeons
Learn research-led techniques from pioneering, world-class surgeons. Increase your confidence, safety and results with dermal filler treatments.
Dissect and Understand
Dissect and Understand the facial anatomy
Practise dermal filler techniques on fresh cadavers
Get one-on-one tuition in small class sizes
Meet the Instructors
Dr. Sabrina Shah-Desai MS FRCS